- Don’t know where to start? Consider the Sport Kit Strap-On Harness Set by Tantus. This harness will fit hips up to 60″, is comfortable, and machine washable. It comes with a simple, curved, silicone toy that will great for G spots and prostates alike. It even has a little pocket and vibe so you can add vibration to your play.
- Two-strap harnesses are my favorite. I love the way they look and feel. This Midnight Lace Strap-On Harness by Sportsheets is sultry and femme. Sportsheets also designs 2-straps for plus size, like this Beginners Black Strap-On Harness. It doesn’t just have longer straps, its designed with care to flatter and fit. If you are looking for something more masculine in a two-strap, the Spareparts Joque Harness is handsome as fuck.
- Love leather? This Jaguar Leather Strap-On is a beautiful single strap. (Like a thong.) That single strap will hold your toy tight against your pelvis and give you lots of control. The more you wear this harness, the more it will soften and begin to fit you with perfection. (You’ve heard the saying “fits like a glove?” With a little time and wear, this harness fits better than a glove!) Leather harnesses are intended for a single user as they are more difficult to clean. Wipe with soapy, damp cloth. Then use a softener/restorer/protector like Beesbutter All Natural Leather Conditioner.
- Comfort is your thing? Mine too. You can have both comfort and style with the Sasha Lingerie Harness. I swear when I first got this harness in the mail I gasp! I’m not kidding. It’s so beautiful and so comfortable. Sizes from XS to 3X and loaded with details like the ruched butt cheeks, the sides that pull tight with little ribbons, optional garter straps, and a high waist. With or without a cock, I want to wear it every day! If you are a more masculine type, check out the RodeoH Hot Shorts, they are more like a men’s brief.
- Like to watch? A Strap-On Thigh Harness is an idea way to watch your lover work it. This simple harness wraps around your thigh and is secured in place with thick Velcro straps. Also ideal for anyone with limited mobility, or those healing from hip or back injuries. Machine washable. So simple and fun!
- Find the right toy. It’s not always as easy as it sounds. You need a toy with a round, flared base so it will fit securly your harness O-ring. (Like this Luxe Purity 2, pictured here.) If you have a tummy, you may want a longer toy so it reaches past your belly. You also need a toy that will fit your partner’s pleasure anatomy and desires. Talk with your partner about what kind of toy excites them. Ask them about length, width, shapes, curves, and colors. Here’s a post where I talk about a perfect strap-on dildo.
- Need more stability? One of the most difficult parts of wearing a strap-on is that you can’t feel your partner’s subtle responses as well as one can with fingers or a penis. When your toy fits, you have more control, stability, and sensation during play. You may need a pack of variable sized O-rings, or Spareparts has made a simple Large O-Ring Stabilizer and Small O-Ring Stabilizer.
- Learn my secrets! Watch this short video I made for retailers who sell harnesses:
Note: This post has links to SheVibe.com. I do earn affiliate dollars when you shop through these links. Thank you for supporting this site.